2007年9月18日火曜日

Greetings From Kyoto


Hello family, friends, and international bloggers alike (yeah Zach).
I have just moved into my dormitory, Ritsumeikan International House II and everything looks great. The two house managers, Mr. and Mrs. Fuji-san are were very welcoming upon my arrival and Mrs. Fuji-san even gave me a grand tour of the building. Our house seems very well equiped, with showers, a Japanese ofuro (bath house style), computer lab, lounge, laundry, and of course little mailboxes in the front where you put your shoes as you enter the house. I'm in a single room with a great view of a little bamboo forest and it is surprisingly hot; all of the rooms have super futureistic air conditioning systems.
The highlight of my travels so far was probably the connecting domestic flight from Tokyo to Osaka. I flew on ANA airlines in coach and I felt like a VIP. All of the seats reclined fully and for once in my life as a seasoned traveler I had adequate legroom, so much so that I could streatch, you know like any normal person should be able to do on a plane. As the plane took off I noticed the beatiful sunset out the window to my right. The image I saw was breath taking: the full color spectrum of the sunet over the greater Tokyo area was the back drop to the sharpest silhouette of the prominent and imfamous Mt. Fuji.
I'm sixteen hours in the future, so everything you read from now on will be the freshest. Until next time family and friends.
Sayonara.

0 件のコメント: